In Financial Management for Executives, we demonstrate how a business, department, or profit-centre should be financially managed in order to achieve sustainable and continual increases in performance and value.
In order to be successful, every manager should master the instruments and control mechanisms of financial management because it is he/she who must recognize and answer for their effects on strategies and returns.
In a comprehensive, systematic, and comprehensive format, this seminar makes clear which pertinent financial decisions should be reached from an executive perspective, and which direction and objectives should be given to controlling and the finance department.
- You will update and deepen your know-how with regard to the financial tools which you use in daily management; you will understand what benefit the various instruments have for your area of responsibility.
- You will be in a position to consciously make central financial decisions; you will understand how better to use the interplay between strategy and finance.
- You will know what information you need from the finance department in order to have your area of responsibilty »under control”.
- You will learn to exploit the value-raising potential within your sphere of influence, and at the same time be able to recognize and evaluate external value-raising opportunities such as through M&A.
- You will experience what firm internal controls designed for longterm sustainable success should look like.
This 4-day seminar is aimed at managers from the mid and upper levels of management with a basic knowledge of finance. Among these are for example, executives, entrepreneurs, members of the board, department and division heads, or specialists and experts without managerial responsibility but with comparable background experience.
Areas of Focus
Modern Financial Management
- Current challenges and trends in financial management
- Setting goals and conflicts between goals: various approaches and perspectives of financial management
- What adept financial management can achieve
Financial Analysis as a Basis for Business Decisions
- The essential indicators for stating asset and earnings positions
- Balance sheets and balance sheet strategies
- Pitfalls – What indicators cannot do
Planning, Budgeting, and Investment
- New trends in budgeting
- Complexity as the enemy of reasonable budgeting
- Modern approaches to capital budgeting
Managing Liquidity and Working Capital
- Liquidity and liquidity optimisation
- Working capital as a balance sheet indicator
- Purpose and use of working capital management
- Reducing capital commitment
Value-oriented Business Management
- Cash flow control
- Approaches to the cost of capital
- Recognizing the potential to raise value and profit
Corporate Value, Mergers & Acquisitions
- Goal-oriented business evaluation processes
- Evaluation techniques
- Due diligence
Dates and booking
Financial Management for Executives
Are you interested in tailor made corporate programmes or consulting?
Call us at or send us an e-mail at