Successful general management means exercising both entrepreneurial leadership ability as well as taking actions oriented toward the future viability of the organisation. We show you how:
- You can approach your tasks with renewed impulse, and what it means to achieve results within your area of responsibility that will ensure the future viability of your organisation.
- You can gain in efficacy by being familiar with and being able to use the practical knowledge about the corporate levers of results-oriented management; you will understand how to accomplish important structuring and development tasks.
- You will understand how to develop concepts within your sphere of responsibility-concepts that advance your company via its strategy, structure, and culture, and which lead it to sustainable improvements in performance.
The General Management for Executives is aimed at managers in executive positions, such as CEOs, owners, and heads of departments or profit-centres. Addressed in particular are:
- Managers, with several years of practical leadership responsibility, who want to deepen their knowledge in holistic management and the latest possibilities and levers for raising value
- Executives, who want to receive new impetus for their current challenges of overall business management, and who want to immediately apply these insights to their area of responsibility
- Managers and experienced individuals who want to critically question or extend their existing management and leadership knowledge
- Managers who are about to take on an executive position or have just done so
Areas of Focus
General Management – Central Management Decisions
- The practice of achieving results that sustainably ensure the survival of the organisation
- General management in transformation: what are the latest developments and how can they be applied?
- The tasks of general management: where the essential decisions must be made
Normative Business Management
- Corporate philosophy and values
- Business goals and defining results
- Vision and mission
Future Viability and Strategy
- One’s own business model – core competences
- The process of strategic management
- Instruments of strategic analysis
- Generating strategic options
Markets, Customers, and Environment
- Customer needs and satisfaction in the centre of successful marketing
- Market research and customer needs
- Brand leadership as an integral part of strategic marketing
Innovation and Business Development
- Models of innovation in practice
- Identifying and implementing new business opportunities
- Examples of best practice
Financial Management and Controlling
- The logic of financial success?
- Raising the firm’s value
- Control-relevant indicators
- Cash and cash flow
Leadership and Change
- Motivation theories and strategies
- Accelerating change
- Social competence as a key factor
Dates and booking
General Management for Executives (GME)
Are you interested in tailor made corporate programmes or consulting?
Call us at or send us an e-mail at