General management skills are essential in order to develop viable and holistic concepts; leadership is indispensible in order to implement them and achieve results. In this programme, the subjects and tools of business management and leadership complement each other in
a unique and interactive way so that today and tomorrow’s decision- makers are equipped to use the appropriate levers so that the entire organisation’s success can be ensured with sustainability.
Through the GMP, we offer managers in the upper levels – executives and employees marked for such positions – the opportunity to further develop their existing management and leadership knowledge in order to move things forward within their sphere of responsibility.To this belongs reflecting systemically on difficult and ambiguous business situations, and learning from the best in order to find situation-appropriate solutions that lead to sustainable results.
- You will gain in effectiveness because you know the mechanisms of entrepreneurial thought and action.
- You will know how to avoid complexity traps and get your company ready for the future.
- You will understand how to develop concepts within your sphere of responsibility that further develop your company’s strategy, structure, and culture, thus leading to sustainable results.
- You will approach your tasks with new impulse and more confidence.
- You will better be able to motivate your employees.
The General Management Programme is especially aimed at:
- Executives or managers intended for ambitious tasks and who quickly want to become familiar with the topics of future-oriented business management
- Managers and experienced individuals who want to critically question and extend their existing management and leadership knowledge
- Heads of departments, profit-centres, or product-groups with responsibility for results who want to know about the management levers for achieving holistic results
- Key employees in central roles who need entrepreneurial insight Employees, slated for leadership positions, who need holistic managerial understanding and leadership qualities
Areas of Focus
The General Management Context
- Rethinking general management: that’s what counts
- Management in transformation: where are the improvements?
- Bench-marking and best practices: limitations and recognitions
- Complexity and complexity traps
- Developments in business environment: globalization, demography, and industry 4.0
Normative Business Management
- Leading with actions, words, and values
- Corporate philosophy and values
- Corporate governance and stakeholders
- Business goals and defining results
- Vision and mission
Strategic Management in Times of Change
- The business model from a strategic point of view
- The logic of strategic success?
- The process of strategic management Instruments of strategic analysis
- Generating strategic options
- Relation between strategy and structure
- Two sides of one coin: strategy and implementation
Process, IT, and Information Management
- Business processes and strategy
- Successful process design and clarifying interfaces
- Structural management in practice
- Processes, speed, and quality
- Information management and IT: what does a manager need to know?
Marketing and Branding – New Approaches
- Marketing processes that promise success
- Customer needs, retention, and satisfaction at the centre of successful marketing
- Market research and customer benefit
- Brand leadership as an integral part of strategic marketing
- What are the latest trends in Marketing?
Innovation and Business Development
- Models of innovation in practice
- Innovation and cooperation
- The relationship between corporate culture and innovation Identifying, evaluating, and implementing new business opportunities
- Examples of best practice
Financial Management and Controlling
- The logic of financial success
- Raising the firm’s value
- Understanding the most important performance indicators
- Cash and cash flow
- Controlling in general management
Leadership and Change
- Leading change
- Motivation theories and strategies
- Successfully dealing with fear and power
- Accelerating change
- Barriers to implementation
- Situational leadership styles
- Leadership quality and corporate culture
- Basic principles of leadership
- Social competence as a key factor
- Work-life balance
Personal Competence and Communication
- Successful self-management
- Communication skills as an important ingredient to a manager’s work
- Why credibility is so important
- Leadership responsibility and coaching
- Coping with conflict as a core competence
- Correctly communicating goals and strategy
- Effective delegation at the highest managerial levels
- The right incentive system
- Dealing with strong personalities
- Virtual leadership – leading in absentia
Dates and booking
General Management Programme (GMP)
Are you interested in tailor made corporate programmes or consulting?
Call us at or send us an e-mail at