Well-functioning product management is the driving force that creates highly profitable products based on market and customer needs and, as a result, increases business success. Because innovative and, above all, successful products are so important, the demands placed on product managers are high.
Product managers do not work in isolation; they reach their goals only in cooperation with others. They are the “entrepreneurs in the company”: strategic thinking, life-cycle management, marketing, managing turnover and profits, interface management, leadership and communication skills are only a few of the demands that you, as a product manager, will need to meet. In our three-part programme, you will practice applying the success factors for and methods and instruments of professional product management.
- You will acquire up-to-date knowledge and receive valuable impetus for positions in product management or the preparation to assume such a position.
- You will become familiar with proven methods and tools and will have a chance to work holistically on aspects of professional product management as they relate to marketing, finance and management.
- Your success as a product manager will be ongoing as you turn the focus from turnover to profit.
- Managers who wish to increasingly dedicate themselves to product management
- Product managers; regional and key account managers
- Managers in marketing and sales
- Employees in marketing, sales, branding, key account management, and R&D
- Employees at companies that intend to introduce product management in the future
Our programme is also aimed toward all those who wish to prepare themselves for a future position in product Management.
Areas of Focus
Part 1: Modern Marketing
- Result-based marketing
- Strategic marketing
- Innovation management
- Brands, brand management
- Marketing mix: increasing the potential for sales and profits
- Product strategy, product concept
- Target-group strategies
- Sales and distribution strategies
- Monitoring success
Part 2: Financial Management and Controlling
- Overview of the scope of financial management
- The most important aspects of finance and accounting
- Key figures and contribution margins
- Planning, budgeting
- Investment and profitability calculations
Part 3: Management Skills and Leadership
- Responsibilities of a product manager
- Successful self-management
- Leadership styles
- Increasing efficiency through clear interfaces
- Effective communication
- Handling conflicts
- Motivation techniques
- Successful teamwork
- Virtual team leadership: leading from a distance
Dates and booking
Product Management Programme
Are you interested in tailor made corporate programmes or consulting?
Call us at or send us an e-mail at info(at)zibs.ch